9.22.2011

Insider's Look at the Newlyweds

Well I have decided to give in to the blogging world. I tried to resist, using the excuse that I am much too busy to add another thing to my never ending to-do list. But when I thought about it some more, I couldn't think of a better way to update all our friends and family on the oh so exciting daily events of our lives. I'm hoping that instead of taking up more time, the blog will in fact save time by updating everyone all at once.

So here we go....welcome to the lives of Courtney & Nathan, the newest Webb family.

When I think of a word to describe our lives right now, busy doesn't even come close to illustrating the craziness that has become our married life. Nathan started at UVU for his first semester back at school since he got home from his mission. He is taking some basic generals and trying to decide what the future holds for him in the career department. Sizzler keeps him occupied with work, cashiering and serving people food. I'm lucky to have a husband that is such a talented waiter. Tips make such a difference in our monthly income :)

During the week we don't see much of each other, besides about an hour before my 9 pm bedtime. (Yes, I realize college age students shouldn't go to bed this early. But old habits die hard....I've been going to sleep before 9 since my little kid years.) My busy schedule is due to the fact that I recently accepted at promotion at Novell and I now work 30 hours instead of the 20 hours I worked as an intern. The extra ten hours really does make a difference, but so far I'm handling everything okay. School keeps me busy, but nowhere near as busy as I was last year in the accounting Junior Core. I started my graduate studies this semester to obtain my MAcc in Tax and so far the course load is significantly less. I am actually back to enjoying learning and school, which I have missed greatly.

In addition to school and work, it is recruiting season here at the BYU Marriot School of Management. I have had 6 interviews in the last week and a half, with all of the Big Four accounting firms as well as a few local firms. This has kept both me and Nathan busy as we have had pre-interview socials to attend almost every night this week. These interviews are only first round interviews and I will hear at the end of September whether or not I get to make any office visits. It's amazing how 6 interviews in a row can rid you of your interviewing fear ;)

Well that about sums up our lives right now. We are living life up and enjoying the married life. My favorite part is always having my best friend to come home to every night. Usually with dinner :) I definitely lucked out with marrying a cook. It makes my life so much easier. We have a good life right now and couldn't ask for anything more. We send our love to you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment