5.27.2012

The Last 7 Months....(and our new baby!)

I have been lacking significantly on this whole blogging thing. I got busy with school last semester and then the thought of writing a big summary blog post just seemed much too overwhelming so I continued to put off an update even when school was over. So I decided that I would just do a quick update with the major points of our life the last few months. If I can remember all the major points :)

November:
We had our first Thanksgiving as a married couple.....in separate places. One of the bad things about working in the food industry is that restaurants don't close on holidays. So Nathan had to work and miss the Thanksgiving feast at my Grandma Roberts' house. But don't worry, I'm an awesome wife and saved a plate for him in the fridge to eat when he got home late that night :)

December:
We had fun trying to make our little apartment as Christmasy as we could. We bought our first mini Christmas tree complete with lights and ornaments. Nathan even wrapped my presents early so he could put them under our little tree. 

We spent Christmas in Washington with Nathan's family and had a blast. Complete with all I could eat delicious homemade cinnamon rolls. And the Webb's cinnamon rolls are about a million times better than Cinnabon. Just sayin. But luckily my little sister's Alex and Elizabeth got Just Dance 3 for one of their presents so we burned off all the calories with hours and hours of choreographed, dancing fun :) I love that game. So much.

January:
With a new semester starting, we needed to bring it in with a bang. My cousin Mary had her birthday party at Fat Cats bowling alley and we had a blast bowling until after midnight....way after my bedtime! But in the end it was all worth it because....I FINALLY beat my husband at bowling. I can't even remember the exact score at this point but all that matters is I beat him after many, many attempts. 

February:
This month brought our first Valentine's Day as Mr. and Mrs. Webb and with that came the best present a husband could ask for. We brought our first baby into our home ;) For those of you who haven't yet, meet Akaya. 

Akaya's 1st night at home
She is a basset hound Labrador mix and she has taken over our hearts. Or mine at least. Haha I just can't get enough of her. Nathan and I usually work completely opposite hours since he works at a restaurant and I have the typical day time job. It's amazing how big of a difference it makes that I have a dog to come home to every day. There is nothing like an excited puppy to bring a smile to your face. I'm her favorite person in the world and I love it. Nathan, not so much. He's still trying to convince Akaya that he should be the favorite :) 











She immediately became best friends with my family's dog Charlie. When we first got her she was about the same size as full grown Charlie but she has continued to grow and is now much larger. But I don't think Charlie has realized that. To him, he will always be the big dog at his home. And please excuse the massive amounts of pictures. Haha, like I said I'm obsessed with her :)

















We also celebrated my sister Erin's 19th birthday on the 17th. We went out to dinner for yummy Chinese food and and also played Just Dance 3. Like I said, I love that game. But I also love my sis. We have had our ups and downs but now that we are both getting older and she has gone off to college I'm finding we get along much better. She has always been one of my best friends, but now she's an even better best friend :)



March:
We went to the ever increasing in popularity festival of colors during March. It was my second time and I didn't really have the desire to experience it again, but Nathan hadn't been yet so I went for him. It's one of those need to experience once things but never again. I'm not a big fan of the whole strangers throwing colored chalk in my face. But it's fun one time :) We went with a bunch of my cousins and my little brother Blaine. Nathan and Blaine had fun, especially when my mom made them hose off outside in the freezing cold well water ;)

April:
This month we flew out to Washington to visit Nathan's family for a quick weekend trip. We were celebrating Nathan's Grandma Witt's 100th birthday. I met more of Nathan's family that I hadn't been able to meet yet and we had so much fun playing volleyball, eating, and studying. Haha I had a test the day we got back so I was lucky enough to have to bring my textbooks with me on this trip. But even so, it was an awesome break to rejuvenate right before finals week.

May:
And this brings us to the current month. Our first month of summer has been pretty uneventful so far. We enjoyed spending time together for the first few weeks because without school, I get home much earlier in the day from work. Nathan just got a second job at Mimi's Cafe here in Orem and he is loving it. That also means that I see less of him again but that's life when you are starving college students. I start my summer internship at Deloitte in Salt Lake next week so I'm getting ready for that. I'm excited but nervous but mostly excited for the great experience it will be. 

Well that's all for now folks. Hopefully I'll be better at updating in the future so I don't have to do massive summary blog posts anymore. But nonetheless, I hope you have enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment