11.06.2012

Halloween is Scary and Fun

Just a quick update on our life. We are both keeping busy with work and school. I'm quickly losing what motivation I did have for school when the semester started (which was already very little). I'm ready for the next stage in life, as well as really nervous to start that next stage. I don't know what life will be without school and homework. I'm sure I'll find some way to survive though :)

I went to my first haunted attraction this year since I went to the Haunted Forest as a 7 year old. (Have I thanked you for that one yet, Dad?) I thought I would be brave enough by age 22 but I'm sad to report that I was still terrified. And I may have even cried....okay, yes I cried. Apparently the chain saw guys left more of a scar on my 7 year old self than I thought. And who said Cornbellys wasn't even supposed to be that scary? At least my hubby got some entertainment since he didn't seem to be phased at all.

This was the second Halloween of our married lives that we had to spend apart. In fact, most of the holidays we spend apart. Part of the gig when you have a husband who works in the restaurant business. But I had a blast on Halloween with my family. For those who don't know, my brother Blaine is an incredible artist. So with my brains and his skills....mostly his skills...we pulled together an awesome group costume.

Blaine painted Chance's death eater mask. So awesome! You can't tell in the pic but the wands were also all handmade. Chance's (or Lucius as he is more commonly known) has a snake head on the handle.
On another note: I voted for the first time today! Proud to wear my sticker!

No comments:

Post a Comment