12.20.2012

Christmas Break Thus Far

'Tis the season and we are celebrating the season magically!

  • Sewing, sewing, sewing. I thought I was being so smart and frugal when I decided to sew everyone rice bags for their presents. Wonder what I was saying 6 hours later when I was still sewing them.... But during the first couple hours I was enjoying myself. I forgot how much I love to sew and I can't wait until I have more time to spend on it. In addition to the rice bags, Danika and I made this cute little gem:

  • Catching up on Alias. Nathan and I started watching it on Netflix at the beginning of the semester as our "watch together show." We haven't made it very far because of our awesomely opposite schedules so to make up for it we have been watching 2 or 3 episodes a day.
  • Staying up past 10! This is mostly to accommodate our extra episodes of Alias. I know, 10 is late. I'm pretty hard-core during Christmas break.
  • A cousin Just Dance party. Go on, just take a look. I can't believe I'm actually posting this for the public to see. I'm hoping not many people read my blog anyway. 
  • Laundry. I pretty much had a mountain of it in our bedroom. Literally, a mountain. Finals makes me neglect my wifely duties. Or at least I will use that as my excuse.
  • Delivering Sub-for-Santa gifts. My department at work sponsored about 6 kids this year and I got the opportunity to drop off gifts for a little girl. You don't know the Christmas spirit until you see the gratefulness on a mother's face of a family truly in need. I'm going to make it a tradition to give every year. Especially when I have kids. 
  • Now we are looking forward to 2 family parties (Both of which I have been asked for the 1st time to bring an appetizer; hello, adulthood. I feel so dependable), Christmas, obviously, my Grandma Long visiting from Kansas, and heading to Washington for a nice long vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment