4.14.2013

Family Life

Lately I have been thinking about how incredibly blessed Nathan and I are to have such awesome families. There is so much love and support from everyone that sometimes I don't know how I got so lucky to be born into a great family and marry into an equally great family. So here comes a post of the awesome things we have been doing with our awesome families. (Can you tell I love my family?)

Nathan and my dad building a fire pit so the family can enjoy nightly bonfires with steak, hamburgers, and of course s'mores.
Enjoying the outdoors with our 3 dogs. It's so nice to be able to come home from school or work and hang out in the sun, jumping on the tramp, or just watching the dogs.

Making cakes to answer Blaine's date for Preference. "I'd be 'hoppy' to go with you!" We decided to keep in the Easter theme because she had asked with a basket of eggs and a stuffed duck saying "I'd be a lucky duck if you went with me."
Supporting brothers while they get set apart and ordained as elders. Nathan was able to fly out to Washington for Connor's farewell talk and I stayed home for Blaine's ordination. We both cried at our respective events.
Hanging out with Connor during his last few days before entering the MTC. We were able to go up and do a session in the Salt Lake Temple and then enjoyed a requested "last" dinner of Sushi.
Saying goodbye to Connor as he heads off to be an amazing missionary in the Baltic Mission. He has 9 weeks in the MTC to learn Latvian. As much as I would like to pretend I won't, I'm gonna miss that kid. I couldn't ask for a better brother-in-law.
Enjoying the traditional yearly Easter Egg Hunt at my Grandma Roberts' house. The food is delicious and the company excellent.
Heading down to Saint George for Conference weekend. There was a lot of swimming, eating, resting, and playing on red rocks. This was one of those vacations that made me more tired when I got home than I was when I left.

Watching my little brother open his mission call. He reports to the MTC on July 24th for the Texas, Fort Worth Mission!! We are so excited and so immensely proud of him for his choice to serve the Lord as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Now I am just trying to survive the last little bit of school. It is finally starting to hit me that I will never have to set foot in class again. And I cannot wait. So that's it for now...until graduation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment