3.14.2013

Disneyland...Round 2

So a couple weeks ago we went to Disneyland....again...within 3 months of the last time we went. Obsessed much? But Nathan loved it so much that when my parents planned for their last visit back before their annual passes expired, he insisted we tag along. So we went and enjoyed a much less crowded version of the park than the experience we had over Thanksgiving. And then I could tell Nathan, this is the Disneyland that I love. When you can walk and spread your arms out without hitting at least 10 people in the process. And when you ride more than 3 rides a day because you aren't in line for a million hours.

The weather was so. much. nicer this time. Except that one day that Anaheim decided to have a record high of 90 degrees on the 1st day of March. We pretty much spent that day sitting on the ground by the waterfall of Grizzly Peak so we could feel its cool mist. Or riding Splash Mountain over and over and over. We also made it our mission to weird out the other people in our log.....hence the awesome faces you can see.


We also got to spend Blaine's birthday there, so being the awesome big sister I am, pretty much forcibly put an "It's My Birthday!" pin on him so that every Disney cast member had to wish him a happy birthday, along with multiple high school girls who just couldn't pass up the opportunity to say something to such a studly young man. In fact, while in line for Splash Mountain Erin and & I had the privilege of watching a group of about ten high school girls who were there for a choir competition ask if they could sing him happy birthday. It was very entertaining; the girls were talented and we got to watch Blaine's face progressively turn darker shades of red.

We FINALLY talked Chance into riding California Screamin. He actually rode it twice, which I'm completely surprised by because after having ridden it with him the second time, I'm not sure how he ever agreed to get back on. I wish we had gotten a recording of him because he truly understood the meaning of California Screamin. He did not take a breath the ENTIRE time. All the people on the roller coaster were laughing at him because you could probably hear his scream all over Anaheim. And I mean a high pitched, blood curdling scream. I don't even remember riding the roller coaster because I was laughing so hard. A cry inducing laugh. Nathan, on the other hand is still a wimp and wouldn't even ride it after a little boy showed him up.

Also, side story that no one else will find as funny as my family but Danika pretty much knocked a trash can over. Nathan was teasing her, as usual, so when he warned her to "watch out!" she assumed he was threatening her or something. But really he was just being a protective older brother and wanted to warn her about the big garbage can coming her way. She didn't listen and instead turned around with a vengeance and ran right into the garbage. So hard that her head almost went inside of it. The best part was Chance's reaction. He didn't even watch it happen but when we told him about it he laughed for ten minutes.

All in all, it was a great break from life. I'm hesitant to say vacation because every time we get back from Disneyland I am more tired than I was when I left. However, it was a vacation in the fact that my husband drained our bank account. Something about Disneyland brings out the little kid in him (okay, who am I kidding? Everything brings out the kid in him) and he thinks he needs to buy toys, toys, toys. But the tiredness and lack of money are worth it because we had a great time together as a family.
Riding the Teacups. I hate, hate, hate that ride but Nathan begged me to ride it. I think this is my "right before I throw up" face.

Oh and if you remember my reference to Nathan's creepy Yoda backback in this post. Well Chance decided Nathan is so cool and he wants to be just like him (Nah, not really. He just wanted a cool backpack) that he would buy one too. So here he is. We woke up to him tucked in on the couch in our hotel. That kid loves his backpack.
And to keep in tradition of our dogs doing something bad while we are gone, Charlie decided he would rip up the carpet upstairs. My mom is still refusing to go and look at the damage. All I can say is its a good thing my mom loves him to death or he would be finding a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment