6.30.2013

The Birthday Party

This year my birthday was kind of a bust. I had my first section of the CPA exam two days later so I was madly cramming all the last minute details into my head. Also, Nathan, his mom, and his two sisters were all working at Rock City all day everyday that weekend because it was Hoop Fest. Which for those who don't know is a giant 3 on 3 basketball tournament where people come from all over to play. My father-in-law, Nicholas and I went down one of the days to check it out and watch a family friend play. I love basketball and people watching so I got the best of both worlds all in one day. I forget that I'm not in Utah anymore and you get a much different mix of people outside of the bubble.

Anyways, because we were all so busy for my birthday we postponed the celebration until the night after my exam. I assumed this celebration was simply going to be my choice of dinner. Which turns out wasn't simple at all because I gave my in-laws a list of potential food choices and they made lettuce wraps, chicken/bacon fried rice, and sesame chicken. With chocolate covered strawberries and tres leches for dessert. I love, love, love having married into a family that has amazing cooks. Their fried rice is one of my all time favorite foods ever with their sesame chicken hitting a close second. I was incredibly spoiled.

Having thought my birthday celebration was concluded, I went downstairs to lay down and rest while my hugely overstuffed stomach settled down. But little did I know there was much left to happen that night. Nathan came and got me and had me come outside. I was met with giant confetti poppers and kazoos. They even made me put on a ridiculous birthday hat. It was a 7 year old's dream birthday. Complete with a pinata in the shape of a minion from Despicable Me. Everyone had a blast watching me attempt to hit the moving pinata while blindfolded and dizzy. They were smart enough, however, to make sure everyone was out of my range of motion because of the infamous golfing incident last month. I unfortunately, or more fortunately in my case, don't have any pictures from this event because I disallowed my husband from using the camera. I had gotten dressed up for the day but after dinner I put my pajamas on to veg out not knowing the surprise that was awaiting me. Hence, no pics of the birthday girl. I just wasn't looking my best.

So all in all my birthday this year may have been one of my favorites. Nathan is always trying to top himself. I'm excited to see what is in store for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment